Are you a supermom or stepmom? Is your BFF a fabulous mom? Do YOU have a world-class mom? Forget the spa certificate, cheesy yellow grocery store mums and box of chocolates (ok, wait, that’s ok if it’s GOOD chocolate)…here are five useful, last-minute gift ideas for that special mom in your life. I promise you’ll get bonus points for getting her something unexpected.
1. Keurig coffeemaker – cuppajoeinlessthan5minutes! Who has time (or the $) to stop at Starbucks everyday? Stop by Kitchen Collection for the brewer, tons of flavored coffees, and accessories. I recommend the Island Coconut flavor on ice in a cute reusable tumbler, with a touch of vanilla creamer. Mom’s little morning vacation.
2. Anything from Kelly Rae Roberts, she’s a mom herself and will bring a little dose of sunshine to your mom with her artwork. Sold here exclusively at Garden Gallery Iron Works, you can even meet her in person and get her to sign and personalize a gift just for you Thursday, May 5th from 4-8 pm.
3. Got an eco-”green” mom? Won’t she be surprised when she opens up a present and sees these cute summer slingbacks with a flower on the toe and a matching handbag from Naturalizer? She may not tell you this, but it beats out dyed daisies any day.
4. Every mom deserves a night out, but if she’s too busy, she can improvise with one of these blingin’ gifts from Christine Alexander. With Momisms such as “It’s 5:00 somewhere,” “Grape Therapy,” “Love to Wine” or “Love Simply, Laugh Often, Wine A Lot,” these aprons, shirts, hats, and bags will be a hit. And if Mom’s too tired to talk to the teens, she can just put on her sparkly martini hat – enough said.
5. Lastly, the aforementioned GOOD chocolate. Not leftover Easter peanut butter cups. Not old Russell Stover boxes. I’m talking pure, fantabulous flavored truffles from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Mix and match her favorites (I recommend amaretto or cheesecake, but really every flavor rocks). Add in a caramel apple if you want because Mom always told you “an apple a day!”
And, if these aren’t good enough and if all Mom wants is the gift of time, do this: get her a WCS gift card so she can pick out what she wants, at any store she chooses. But make it really special, get a sitter so she can head out for some shopping time by herself! Amen.
Ahh…happy Mother’s Day to all those special ladies in our lives, especially my mom who taught me years ago to believe that red shoes make you run faster and it’s not about how much you spend, it’s about how much you SAVE!